Rent Deposit Scheme
The SeAscape scheme operates by providing a written Guarantee to Landlords in place of a cash deposit.
The Guarantee is for 12 months to give the Tenants time to build up their own deposit funds.
- Damage to property/inventory items beyond fair wear and tear.
- Rent arrears (subject to local Housing Allowance payable).
It does not cover
- Fair wear and tear
- Rent in advance
- Utility bills unpaid
- Charges for services or utilities
Who we can help
Applicants must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Be on a low income and/or Benefits.
- Be unable to afford the total amount for a cash deposit.
- Be homeless, likely to become homeless or in housing need.
- Find accommodation.
- Providing a deposit guarantee.
- Obtain housing benefit.
- Set up and manage a tenancy.
- Find shared accommodation.
- Find tenants for their property.
- Set up a sustainable tenancy.
- By providing a rent deposit guarantee.
- Mandate housing benefit.
- With advice on letting.